Patrick D. Flannery Esq.
Mr. Flannery has more than 25 years' experience as a trial lawyer specializing in complex business, real estate and employment matters. He was previously a business litigation partner with the firm of Crandall, Wade and Lowe in Irvine and defense litigator with the firm of Bonne, Jones, Bridges, Muller and O'Keefe. Mr. Flannery is also a former deputy district attorney for the County of Orange and spent two years as a probable cause judge for the Orange County Municipal Court.
Mr. Flannery has tried over 125 different superior court cases in Orange County alone. His representative trial victories include multiple unanimous defense verdicts in multi-million dollar medical malpractice matters, plaintiff and defense verdicts in employment discrimination and bad faith litigation, the successful prosecution of a specific performance action involving a real estate purchase agreement for multi-million dollar property, numerous binding arbitration awards including a multi-million dollar dispute regarding trade secrets/customer lists and covenants not to compete, in addition to the prosecution and conviction of over 33 felons.
Mr. Flannery draws on his extensive trial and business experience to provide ECG's clients sound day-to-day advice on a broad array of operational matters ranging from human resource questions to asset and enterprise acquisitions/divestitures. Mr. Flannery's specific transactional expertise includes corporate, limited liability company, partnership and joint venture formations; contract and lease negotiations; due diligence investigations; business dissolutions and windups; and the supervision of outside counsel in the capacity of general corporate counsel.
Mr. Flannery's creative yet sound approach to answering questions posed by today's busy entrepreneur is also a by-product of his ten years' distinguished service as a police detective where he specialized in narcotics and organized crime, and of his service to the Orange County Municipal Court as a probable cause judge (where Mr. Flannery presided over approximately 12,000 criminal hearings).
Areas of Practice
- Trial Lawyer
- Real Estate Business Practices/ Litigation
- Business Formation, Corporations
- Partnerships, Limited Liability Entities
- Mergers/Acquisitions/ Purchases and Sale of Businesses
- Partnership/Shareholder Disputes
- Corporate Governance/Compliance
- Commercial Transactions
- Landlord/Tenant Commercial Leases
- Employment Agreements/Disputes
- General Business Representation and Planning
- California, 1988
- Supreme Court of California, 1988
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1990
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1991
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1993
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit, 2012
- Western State University College of Law, Fullerton, California
- J.D. (Cum Laude) - 1987
- University of Southern California
- Joo Leong Tan v. Kristyn Goddard, et al., 13 Cal. App. 4th 1528, 1993
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California State Bar, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Southern California Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- International Inns of Court, Member
- Legion Lex, University of Southern California School of Law, Former Member, Board of Directors
- Newport Beach Police Department Retirees Association