Matthew W. Rosene
Matthew’s practice concentrates on business law matters with an emphasis on trial court and appellate litigation. His practice covers all phases of complex civil cases, including pre-lawsuit investigation, discovery, pre-trial motions, trial and appeals in both state and federal actions. His experience includes successfully prosecuting and defending a broad range of business disputes, including breach of contract, copyright infringement and fraud claims. Prior to joining Enterprise Counsel Group, Mr. Rosene practiced in an Orange County insolvency and bankruptcy litigation firm where he gained valuable experience in corporate restructuring and reorganization.
Mr. Rosene earned his Juris Doctor from the University of California, Irvine School of Law. During law school, he worked in the California Monitor Program, a program of the California Attorney General created to enforce the $25 billion National Mortgage Settlement, worked as a judicial extern for the Honorable James Di Cesare (Orange County Superior Court) and served as a Research Editor for the UC Irvine Law Review.
A native of Colorado, Mr. Rosene earned his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Colorado, Boulder, and was a competitive big-mountain skier. He is also an expert in Italian and French wines (Certified Sommelier, Court of Master Sommeliers).
- University of California, Irvine School of Law, Irvine, California
- J.D. – 2013
- Law Journal: UC Irvine Law Review, Research Editor
- Cornell-Paris Summer Institute, Universite Paris-Sorbonne, Paris, France
- University of Colorado, Boulder – 2002
- B.A – 2002
- Major: Economics and Psychology
- Minor: Business
- University of Pittsburgh Semester at Sea, Institute for Shipboard Education, Fall 2000
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, 2013 – Present
- Orange County Bar Association
- Turnaround Management Association
- Court of Master Sommeliers
Pro Bono Activities
- Public Law Center Chapter 7 Pro Se Clinic
- Recipient of William J. Lasarow Award for Outstanding Pro Bono Service, 2014