Areas of Practice
- Appeals and Writs
- Complex Business Litigation
- Corporate and Securities Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Probate and Trust Litigation
- Real Property Litigation
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
has been with Enterprise since 1999, and has been a partner since 2004. He has extensive experience in all aspects of civil litigation in both state and federal courts, and has tried over a dozen cases and argued over a dozen times before the California Court of Appeal and Ninth Circuit.
Benjamin has been a Guest Lecturer at Pepperdine Law School teaching strategies to implement during trial to prepare for a successful appeal.
His representative trial victories include:
- Obtained a Writ of Mandatevoidinga $22 Million trash collection contract with the City of Los Alamitos procured in violation of the city’s competitive bidding laws.
- Enforced the document inspection rights of Irvine City Council Members Steven Choi and Christina Shea against Orange County Great Park Corporation.
- Enforced a shareholder buy-sell agreement leading to a favorable settlement immediately prior to closing arguments.
- In representing a publicly traded healthcare corporation, successfully prosecuted two trials for breach of a settlement agreement by the client’s former labor attorney.
- Successfully prosecuted a petition to recover attorneys’ fees incurred for the benefit of a conservatee’s trust.
- In a breach of contract action, successfully eliminated charges to which clients objected.
- Successfully prosecutedbreachofprofessionalfee agreement.
- Representingentertainment company, successfully prosecutedbreachof contract claim with consequential damages award.
- Notre Dame Law School, South Bend, Indiana
- J.D. – 1998
- Honors: Dean’s List (Fall 1997, Spring 1998)
- University of California, Los Angeles
- B.A. – 1995
- Major: Philosophy
- Barnes, Crosby, FitzGerald & Zeman, LLP v. Ringler et al., 212 Cal. App. 4th 172 (2012)
- Choi v. Orange County Great Park Corp., 175 Cal. App. 4th 524 (2009)
- Ekstrom v. Marquesa at Monarch Beach Homeowners Association, 168 Cal. App. 4th 1111 (2008)
- Saline v. Superior Court, 100 Cal. App. 4th 909 (2002)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Federalist Society, Orange County Chapter, Board of Directors
- Atlas Political Action Committee, Board Member and Chairman of the Endorsements Committee