is an associate in the firm’s Estate Planning, Probate, and Trusts Practice Group. His practice involves all aspects of estate planning, individual wealth transfer planning, and probate and trust administration. His experience includes the preparation of comprehensive estate plans and customized complex trusts for high net worth families, and he tailors plans and trusts to meet the broad range of his clients’ personal and financial goals.
Eric has successfully led clients through the probate and trust administration processes, and has overseen ancillary proceedings for estates requiring multi-jurisdictional administration. He helps clients protect the value of their estates through the utilization of tax-efficient planning strategies, which account for income, estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer taxes.
Eric also assists families in planning for the particular needs of disabled loved ones through the use of special needs trusts. When families experience unforeseen personal or financial changes, Eric has successfully petitioned for court-authorized changes to irrevocable trusts.
While at Pepperdine University School of Law, Eric was a member of the editorial board for the Pepperdine Journal of Business Entrepreneurship and the Law, where he placed an article concerning a Supreme Court decision addressing the bounds of patentable subject matter. Eric competed in moot court and was a semifinalist in Pepperdine’s 2009 Vincent S. Dalsimer Moot Court Competition. He earned high honors in the law school’s Appellate Advocacy course for his oral argument and merits brief analyzing current issues then pending review before the Supreme Court of the United States.
Earlier, in his undergraduate studies at Belmont University, Eric made the Dean’s List for five semesters, graduating magna cum laude and earning his Bachelor of Business Administration with a concentration in the Music Business.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
- J.D. – 2010
- Belmont University, Nashville, Tennessee
- B.B.A. – 2007
- Major: Music Business
- 2016 New State and Federal Laws, Orange County Lawyer Magazine, April 2016
- Floors Ceilings, and Signs, Los Angeles Lawyer Magazine, September 2016
- Free(r) Speech in California, Los Angeles Daily Journal, October 29. 2014
- Duck, Duck, Bilski: Searching for a Law-Progress Equipoise, 3 J. BUS. ENTREPRENEURSHIP & L. 339 (2010)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California State Bar, Trusts & Estates Section
- Orange County Bar Association