advises publicly-traded and private companies on transactional corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, public and private securities offerings, venture capital financing and corporate restructurings. He has extensive experience in representing public companies, in matters including corporate governance, SEC compliance, change of control and proxy contests, private placements, stock exchange listing requirements and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
Before joining the firm, Lance worked as a corporate lawyer at the international law firms of Paul Hastings LLP and Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati P.C., where his practice focused on representing public companies, shareholders, and investors in a variety of transactions and securities offerings.
Some of Lance’s representative transactions include:
- Representing both individuals and corporate entities in the sale of businesses across various industries in the $1 million – $100 million range;
- Acquisitions of businesses across various industries in the $1 million – $100 million range;
- Public Offerings of common stock by Issuers through registration and resale registration statements;
- Preferred Stock financings in the $1 million – $5 million range;
- Sale of portfolio of venture investments for approximately $120 million;
- The issuance of approximately $27 million in equity and $39 million in notes to existing stakeholders and new investors in connection with a public company’s reorganization out of chapter 11 bankruptcy;
- Successful resolution of a Board of Directors dispute, resulting in a change in a majority of the public company’s board members;
- Tender offers by public and private companies; and
- Part-time general counsel services.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – 2000
- Law Journal: Journal of International Economic Law, Symposium Editor
- Brigham Young University
- B.S. cum laude – 1994
- Major: Economics
- Minor: Statistics
- Change At The Top: Are Recent Legal Reforms Aimed At Improving Board Accountability To Shareholders On Target?, Business Law News, a publication of the State Bar Of California, 2, 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California
- Business Section of State Bar of California
Past Employment Positions
- Manderson, Schafer & McKinlay, LLP Newport Beach, CA , 2009 – 2012
- Paul, Hastings, Janofski & Walker, LLP Costa Mesa, CA , 2005 – 2009
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, P.C. Palo Alto, CA, 2000 – 2005
- Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System in Washington, D.C.