Areas of Practice
- Business Representation and Negotiation – Buyers/Sellers
- Entity Successorship, Survivorship, Formations and Dissolutions
- Merger, Acquisition and Divestitures
- Provisional Directorships, Mediation and Arbitration
- Reorganization and Recapitalizations
- California, 1971
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Tax Court
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
Ronald C. Lazof (Retired)
Ronald has more than 30 years’ experience as a business and tax lawyer. During his time in practice he limited his focus to matters of business, tax and corporate planning, contractual documentation, succession, survivorship, reorganization, recapitalization, formation, dissolution, merger, acquisition and divestiture. Representative clients and matters span industries as diverse as the restaurant and hospitality business to multi-state multi-plant manufacturing of both consumer and industrial goods, to the service and franchise business.
Ronald has formed literally thousands new enterprises and represented hundreds of businesses in merger and acquisition matters ranging in value to in excess of $2,000,000,000 in consideration received. He has also been an owner, director, officer, and principal manager of both manufacturing and service business operations.
Ronald currently serves as a managing director of Prism Advisers, LLC, a management advisory and consulting organization. Prism focuses its attention on the entrepreneurial, emerging growth and mid-sized privately held corporate markets. Ronald served as president and chief executive officer of Behr Process Corporation from 1996 to August 2001, playing a key role in the company’s move from a privately-held family business to a $1B+, publicly held, multi-plant manufacturer and distributor of paints and coatings.
From 1975 to 1996, Ronald was a senior shareholder and founder of Lazof and Coss, attorneys of Newport Beach, California.
Ronald graduated cum laude from California State University at Northridge with a B.S. in accounting and magna cum laude from the University of California, Los Angeles Law School in 1971 with a Juris Doctorate. Ronald also holds a Certified Public Accountants license in California and was previously licensed as a California Real Estate Broker.
Ronald was admitted to the State Bar of California in 1971. He is also admitted to the United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuits; the United States District Court for the Southern Districts of California; the United States Tax Court; and the United States Supreme Court.
He is a member of the Foundation Boards at the University of California at Irvine and the University of California at Los Angeles Law School Alumni. Ronald has served as a director of Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Orange County, the Laguna Art Museum and has been a supporter of the Orange County Lincoln Club.. He is a past member and lead arbitrator of both the Fee Arbitration and Ethics Committees of the Orange County Bar Association as well as the both the California and American Associations of Attorney – CPAs.
Ronald has authored a series of business monographs which are available at The CEO Refresher (refresher.com) on both the Art and Science of Business under the titles: Planned Performance; Reasoned Results; Intelligent Information; Sound Strategies; More Money; Retirement Ready? Prepared for the Unexpected?; Personal Passion: The Art of Business; Relationships: The Art of Business;: Good Governance: Directors and Officers The Art of Business.
He is a frequent speaker at both professional and civic events on both educational and current topics.
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. magna cum laude – 1971
- Honors: Certified Public Accountants license in California
- Honors: Licensed, California Real Estate Broker
- California State University at Northridge
- B.S. cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- University of California at Irvine, Foundation Boards, Member
- University of California at Los Angeles Law School Alumni, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Past Member, Fee Arbitration and Ethics Committees
- Orange County Bar Association, Lead Arbitrator, Fee Arbitration and Ethics Committees